If you are thinking about covering your health care expenses, there are chances that you may be looking for a Medicare Supplement Insurance in Lakeland, FL. Though Medicare Part A and Part B, also called Original Medicare, cover some of the healthcare expense, they don’t pay for every expense. This is where a Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan insured by the UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company comes to the rescue. Also called Medigap, it’s an extra health insurance that you get from a private insurance company to cover health care costs that is not covered by Original Medicare such as copayments, deductibles, coinsurance and health care if you plan to travel outside the U.S.
The benefits of a standardized Medicare Supplement Insurance plan are set by the Federal government which means the basic benefits are same for each plan, no matter from which insurer you are getting it.
Some of the features of the plan are as follows:
- You can choose any plan according to your needs and budget now and in the future.
- You can keep your own doctor without any network limitations, for as long as they treat Medicare patients.
- If you choose to travel to the U.S., the coverage goes with you.
- You are provided with guaranteed coverage for life if the premiums are met on time.
- You can visit any health specialist who consults Medicare patients without a referral.
Benefits of Medicare Supplement Insurance in Lakeland, FL
Though the benefits depend on the plan you choose, the benefits it may offer are as follows:
- Part A coinsurance (and most plans offer the benefit for the Part A deductible)
- Some of the out-of-pocket expenses not covered by Part B (some plans also pay the Part B deductible)
- Price of blood transfusions (first 3 pints)
- An expense of up to 365 extra hospital days once you’ve utilized your Part A benefits
- Skilled and experienced nursing facility copayment or coinsurance.
- Part A hospice/respite care coinsurance or copayment
In order to receive all these benefits, you need to make sure that the premium for the plan you chose are timely met, and you may have to pay some out-of-pocket costs.
In a nutshell
If you want an insurance plan that covers your extra health care costs which are not covered by Original Medicare, opting for a Medicare Supplement insurance in Lakeland, FL, would be one of the best decisions you could ever make.
Author’s Bio: The author is a blogger and this article is about Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan